Student Health and Wellness
The LSU Student Health Center (SHC) is a general practice medical clinic providing care to enrolled students of LSU. The Student Health Center offers medical, mental health, and wellness services. Full time LSU students pay a Student Health Fee (SHF) as part of their tuition and fees.
The SHC offers x-ray, immunizations and injections, medical laboratory, physical rehabilitation, and primary care services. Dermatology and Gynecological services are also offered for an additional fee.
Mental Health Services
LSU Mental Health Services offers personal counseling and therapy aimed at assisting students with the rigors of law school. Group counseling needs assessment and 24-hour crisis intervention are available.
Appointments for mental health services are required, and students can request an appointment by calling the Student Health Center at 225-578-8774. Students who need crisis and emotional support outside of regular business hours can call or text 225-924-LSU1 (5781) for immediate assistance.
Wellness and Health Promotion
The Law Center and the university understand the importance of promoting overall health and wellness for students to encourage personal and academic success through their time in law school and beyond.
The university offers a wealth of wellness resources to assist students with their wellness goals. The SHC offers a multi-disciplinary staff that is available for wellness coaching to facilitate and empower students to achieve self-determined goals related to health and wellness.
Students may make a wellness coaching appointment by calling 225-578-5718.
For medical or mental health emergencies – call 911 or report to the nearest emergency room.
Additional medical/mental health resources:
- THE PHONE at: 225-924-LSU1 (5748)—Call or Text
- The NATIONAL SUICIDE PREVENTION LIFELINE is available at 1-800-273-8255 or visit https://suicidepreventionlifeline.org/chat to chat via message.
- Our Lady of the Lake COPE team can assess immediate safety and determine if a higher level of care is needed, including psychiatric hospitalization. COPE Team: 225-765-8900 or 800-864-9003
- For mental and behavioral health general information: 225-765-6005
- Ochsner Medical Center 17OO Medical Center Drive, Baton Rouge, LA, 70816: 225-752-2470
- Baton Rouge General 8585 Picardy Ave, Baton Rouge, LA 70809: 225-763-4000
If there is an emergency during clinic hours, please call 225-578-8774. After hours emergencies can be addressed by calling the LSU 24-hour crisis line at 225-924-5781, the community emergency number 911, or by going to the nearest hospital emergency room.