GIVE TO LSU LAW
The LSU Law Center is known for its demanding, yet personal, legal education. Our goal is to provide a dynamic and state-of-the art educational experience for our students, and your gifts allow us to do just that. Your annual gifts or endowment gifts provide the much-needed resources for today’s Law Center.
HERE ARE SOME WAYS YOU CAN HELP:
Support for Students
- Endow and name a scholarship ($100,000 minimum may be pledged over five years or funded through an estate gift.)
- Name a non-endowed scholarship (minimum of $4,000 per year for five years.)
- Give (any amount) to your class scholarship.
- Give (any amount) to the General Scholarship Fund.
Support for Experiential Legal Education
- Sponsor one of the 30+ traveling advocacy teams. The team will carry your name for the duration of the sponsorship. ($10,000 per year for minimum five years).
- Sponsor Apprenticeship Week. The program will carry your name for the duration of the sponsorship. ($25,000 per year for minimum five years).
- Sponsor a clinic. Your $200,000 per year for five years gift allows us to hire a clinician full-time and establish a clinic, which will carry your name for the duration of the gift.
- Make a gift of any amount to the Experiential Learning Fund, which supports clinics, field placements, trial competitions and Apprenticeship Week.
Support the Civil Law Tradition
- Your $1,000,000 endowment will name the summer study abroad program in Lyon, France. The gift may be funded over five years or through an estate gift.
- Endow and name scholarship for students pursuing the Graduate Diploma in Comparative Law (JDCL) or the Masters of Laws( LL.M.)
Current Building Projects
- Support the Classroom to Courtroom project with your gift of any amount. The project is renovating classrooms with structure and technology to enhance advocacy skills training while retaining the ability to function as a classroom/lecture space.
- Renovations to the mezzanine of the library provide an opportunity for you to name a beautiful new study space that will be utilized by hundreds of students daily. Spaces range from $250,000 for a study room to $1,000,000 for half the mezzanine.
There are many other opportunities to make a difference at your law school. If you are interested in something you’ve read here or something you didn’t read here, please contact Jayla Wilson, Senior Gift Officer, at 225-588-8470, firstname.lastname@example.org or Bobbi Zaunbrecher, External Relations Director, at 225-578-8705, BobbiZ@lsu.edu to explore the possibilities.
Note: Naming of physical spaces and academic programs requires approval of the LSU Board of Supervisors.